Start Your Own Kandalore Experience REGISTER NOW RATES & DATES
At Kandalore, we are pleased to provide you with a variety of options for getting to camp.
Train Station/Airport Pick up & Drop off
Campers arriving to and departing from Toronto by train or airplane will be met and escorted to and from Camp on a chartered bus or in a Camp vehicle. Any alternative arrangements must be made at least one month in advance. We strongly encourage all campers traveling without an adult to be registered as ‘unaccompanied minors’ for their flight.
Copies of train or plane tickets MUST be given to the Camp Office when arranging transportation. Campers must deposit their tickets, identification and any money at the Camp Office for safe-keeping upon their arrival in Camp.
Bus Pick up & Drop off from Toronto
Kandalore offers a bus transportation option for campers travelling to and from Toronto. The Kandalore bus is located in a parking lot between Toronto City Church and Toronto City Sports Centre located at 36 Curity Ave, East York, Toronto. Buses depart at 1:00 pm, and we ask that all campers taking the bus arrive at 12:30 pm. Buses arrive back in Toronto on departure day between 11:30 am – 12:00 pm.
Driving Directions to Kandalore
For those families making the drive to Kandalore the directions are as follows:
- Travel North on Highway 400/11 to Bracebridge.
- Take the Highway 118 Exit and travel East on Highway 118 to Carnarvon and the Highway 118/Highway 35 junction (approx. 55 kms).
- Turn North (left) onto Highway 35 and travel approximately 15 kms until you see Camp Kandalore Road on your left.
- You’ve made it! If you get to Ox Narrows Lodge and the Firehouse Restaurant, you have traveled 1km too far North.
- Travel North on Highway 404 to the Green Lane Exit (highway ends).
- Turn right on Green Lane and then left at the first lights onto Woodbine Ave.
- Travel North on Woodbine until you reach the Ravenshoe Road stoplights.
- Turn right on Ravenshoe Road and travel East until you reach Highway 48.
- Turn North (left) onto Highway 48 and travel until the junction of Highway 48/12 (approx. 35 kms).
- Turn North (left) on 48/12 and travel North until highway 48 & 12 split (approx. 13 kms).
- Turn East (right) at the split and continue on Highway 48 to Coboconk at the junction of Highway 48 and Highway 35 (approx. 35 kms).
- Turn North onto Highway 35 and travel North approximately 62 kms until you see Camp Kandalore Road on your left.
- You’ve made it! If you get to Ox Narrows Lodge and the Firehouse Restaurant, you have traveled 1 km too far North.